The HELP pages .. .. .. .. are still under development.
This website has been operational since February 2019. A significant advantage over the Club's previous website is that it offers "Members-only" areas. Nevertheless, most of the website is open to the public. This website also provides Club members with useful new facilities called Duty Roster and Crew Finder (q.v.). The website does not hold the membership database; we use WebCollect (q.v.) for that.
On joining Seafarers Sailing Club, members are provided with credentials which enable them to Log in and access their own Account area within My Home (q.v.). My Home is not the only members-only part of this website. Many other pages such as Club Documents (within Club), most Race Results (within Racing) and Cruise Reports (within Cruising) are only accessible to members who are Logged in.
This section is intended to help users get whatever they want from this website. The website has many functions including publicising the existence and excellence of our Club and providing members with information on what is happening today and, for some, what was happening a decade ago.
Within the Help menu you will find:
- Useful Pages .. .. .. links to some important or popular webpages
- Useful Links .. .. .. ..links to other websites
- Using WebCollect.. what is WebCollect?
- Using My Home .. .. where and what is My Home
- Using Duty Roster .. understanding this important, yet potentially confusing, part of the website
- Using Crew Finder .. you may be looking for crew for your dinghy or looking for a dinghy to crew
- Using Programme .. did you know that every event has its own webpage?
- Website Map .. .. .. . a table showing each menu
- FAQs .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Frequently Asked Questions
All of the above should be visible in a menu on the upper right of your screen. However, if you are using a smart phone, particularly if held so that the view is "portrait" rather than "landscape", you may have to select "More" to see this side menu.
And If That Doesn't Help?
If you still have a question that you cannot find the answer to, email the Communications Officer, the Membership Secretary or an appropriate Committee Member who will provide the answer and, as appropriate, amend the website, amend the Help section or add your questions to the FAQs.
Last updated 14:08 on 18 February 2020