Coffee Morning (Macmillan)
If the weather is suitable, on Friday 25 September there will be a socially-distanced, 'Bring Your Own Coffee' morning. It will kick off at 11am on the clubhouse patio. Bring your own drink - thermos flask of tea or coffee or, perhaps, a hip flask of whisky or rum.
In keeping with tradition, this coffee morning will be part of Macmillan Cancer's worldwide annual event. This year, with the pandemic, the cakes provided will be individual sizes; cupcakes or individual-size slices from larger cakes. The Club has undertaken a full risk assessment and the volunteer bakers have been briefed on the appropriate food hygiene regulations. The assessment of risk when deciding to consume the delicious cakes on offer is, of course, a personal one.
All of this will be totally free but there will be a collection box or, if you prefer to avoid cash and cheques, you can make your donation via our Donations Page. Last year, helped by gift-aiding, we raised almost £150 for Macmillan Cancer. With your help, this year we'll do better.
This event is being conducted in accordance with the Club's COVID-19 policies including the now legally enforceable "Rule of Six". Full details are available from the Coronavirus webpage but, of particular note you should:
- Use sanitiser gel as you arrive
- Ensure you are recognised for track and trace
- Wipe your own chair with wipe provided
- You may join up with other participants, but:
- social distancing rules still apply
- you must ensure that you only gather within, and remain within, a group of 6 or less
- your group must not interact with another group
- there must be clear separation between groups
- When space is clear for you to do so, collect a cake from the table. DO NOT touch anything other than the cake you intend eating
- Put any rubbish into the black sack provided
- Before leaving wipe your chair and return it to the wet room when clear to enter and use sanitiser gel
September 2016 - Bakers in pre-COVID Days
Last updated 4:22pm on 18 September 2020