Moving out of Lockdown - Phase 5
Published 08:00 on 17 Jun 2020
Phase 5 - from Saturday 4 July
With a significant easing of the restrictions in England, the Committee is able to return the Club to some form of normality. From 4 July the following will apply:
- Members may access the compound and their boats and go sailing as they wish. (The need for booking sessions has been suspended). The RYA guidance about not mixing households in dinghies/RIBs continues to apply.
- All Club boats are available for booking and for use in line with the Club's operating procedures.
- The tractor and Patrol Boats will be made available in line with promulgated timings subject to volunteers, participants, weather conditions, and demand, as follows:
- Tuesday evenings
- Saturday mornings and afternoons
- Sunday mornings.
- The Clubhouse remains closed except for the downstairs family toilet and access as necessary by the duty bar staff and the Supervisor.
- The bar will be open in line with promulgated timings as follows:
- It will normally not open when sailing has been cancelled.
- A policy of 1 in 1 out and the use of plastic glasses or those provided by members for their personal use.
- Payment will be by contactless card only. Cash will not be accepted.
- Rubbish eg empties to be taken away by members as the Club cannot currently offer recycling.
- Groups of up to six people from different households continue to be permitted to meet in outdoor spaces provided social distancing guidelines are followed. Several groups of 6 are permitted to be in the compound at the same time but they should not interact.
- All sailing is recreational; the Club is enabling this rather than organising activities. Any activity is the member's responsibility.
- When going afloat members might wish to consider, amongst other things, masthead buoyancy, a paddle, an anchor, a VHF, a mobile phone, the weather forecast and, above all, an understanding of their own ability. To avoid placing any unnecessary risk on the PB crews or emergency services, members should be considerate and conservative in their sailing.
- Competitive fun sailing and self-organised cruising is permitted provided it complies with the Government, RYA and Club policies.
- There are no duty rosters yet. Current roles are: Supervisors (including overseeing fun racing), Patrol Boat crews (same household or safety boat qualified single helms) and Tractor Drivers. Members who are qualified and feel happy to do so, should consider volunteering for these roles by going to the Duty Roster, finding a convenient session and clicking on Volunteer.
For full details of Phase 5 and future phases, members should go to the Coronavirus page.
Last updated 15:16 on 2 July 2020