VC's Pre-Season Brief
This is a pre-season brief targeted at key duty personnel ie OOD's, DOOD's, PBC's, PBD's and Tractor Drivers. However, all members are most welcome especially if you would like to help develop race management at the Club or are interested to hear about the changes to this season's racing programme.
Starting at 10am there will be a joint briefing session by the Vice Commodore and Commodore. This reflects the importance of changes to the racing programme this year and the challenges we may face. All who can should attend, particularly for support and ideas on:
- running the various types of race being used this year
- coping with the IFA2 works
- the racing rules and running a protest
- dealing with race postponements and recalls
- running a windward leeward race and setting an appropriate course
- new rules for tractor drivers
- safeguarding and young Club members
- what to do in an emergency
- .. .. and much more.
As this session will be quite long there will be a short break mid session for refreshments. Fresh filter coffee and biscuits will be available for a contribution of 20 pence.
For further details and background reading, see the revised SOP's which will be published soon.
Bring your lunch; the first Shakedown race will commence at 2:30pm. There will be two short, back-to-back races to blow away those cobwebs and usher in the new season in style. The will be a short race briefing in the wetroom at 2pm.
The bar will be open after sailing.
Last updated 10:36pm on 22 March 2019