Friends and Families Regatta Day, PM
22nd June 2019, 14:00 - 16:00
- At the Seafarers family regatta
- If you've not been before it won't matter
- If you're going afloat
- We've got all kinds of boats
- And we'll end with a barbecue platter!
- LW: 08:33, HW: 15:53
- The idea behind this event is to encourage members and potential members to come to the Club and have a go at some fun activities both on and off the water. In past years we have had fancy dress, treasure hunts, fun races, raft racing, informal training, "oppie" sailing, relay races and other activities including off the water games. There should be something for everyone of all ages.
- This year's event will be a surprise on the day but expect lots of fun activities whatever the weather. The theme is a Tropical Beach party. Dress accordingly. Bringing any toys and games is encouraged. We hope to run some team events on the water and possibly a relay race. There will be prizes for everyone.
The on water activities will take place between 10.00 and 12.00 and between 14.00 and 16.00. Duty crews have been rostered for the morning (Duty Crew K) and the afternoon (Duty Crew L) but, if you are happy to lend a hand, please click on the Volunteer button below.
- A Boat Jumble Sale will also take place from 12:30. Display your spare sailing items in the compound – sailing clothing, boat equipment, any unwanted, boat-related items – let people browse and purchase – set your own price. Cost to set up a table £2.50 - or share one. Unsold items should be taken home. All payments to Claudia, the Treasurer. If you have any queries contact Tim, the Bosun.
- It's an all day event so do bring a picnic lunch but don't worry about drinks; we have a stock of refreshing beverages in the bar. The bar will open again at 16:00 and a barbecue, with dessert, will be served from 17.30; book your meal via Webcollect.
Crew needed and available
Last updated 3:10pm on 8 June 2019