(Booking closed on Friday 28th June)
The Dinner Dance is a highlight of the Club social calendar for members and their guests. A special evening to be remembered at a superb venue, Hornet Services Sailing Club, with fabulous food and live music. Included in the ticket price is a welcome drink, 3-course hot meal, coffee, live singer and dancing.
The singer's repertoire includes a real mixture to suit all tastes from ballads to rock. He will only play between courses to allow you to eat and chat in comfort. He will also turn down the volume when required.
Attendees should aim to arrive at Hornet between 7 and 7:30pm to enjoy their free pre-dinner drink and some dancing and be ready to sit down for the meal at 7:50pm. The bar will be open until 11pm allowing a departure up to 11:30pm.
How to get there
HSSC's address is Haslar Road, Gosport PO12 2AQ.
Approaching from Alverstoke along Haslar Road, after passing the entrance to the former Haslar Hospital, the entrance to Fort Blockhouse and the entrance to the Submarine Museum (all on your right), the road curves left and you arrive at traffic lights controlling traffic over Haslar Bridge. The entrance to HSSC is on your right.
Approaching from Gosport along Haslar Road, you arrive at traffic lights controlling traffic over Haslar Bridge. The entrance to HSSC is immediately on your left after passing over the bridge.
Parking Guests may park near the clubhouse but cars will need to be removed the same evening. If you want to park overnight, you need to park in the compound on the opposite side of Haslar Road.
- Jumbo Prawn & Smoked Salmon Salad - Served with Warm Crusty Bread and a Lemon and Tarragon Dressing
- Smoked Applewood & Pear Chutney Soufle - Served on a light Green Salad with a Red Currant & Ginger dressing With Crusty Bread & Butter
- Ham Hock & Pea Terrine - Served on a bed of Rocket & Watercress Salad with a Port & Raspberry Dressing, Crusty Roll & Butter
- Roasted Lemon & Black Pepper Crusted Sirloin of Beef - With a Red Wine Jus
- Roasted Stuffed Pork Cannon - Stuffed with Apple, Smoked Panchetta and Sage then wrapped in Spinach and Parma Ham Roasted and served with a Cider and Sage Sauce
- Roasted Leek, Cheese and Clotted Cream Crown - Served with a Garlic & Black Pepper Sauce
- ********** all Served with Roasted Garlic & Herb Baby New Potatoes - and a selection of seasonal vegetables
- Black Forrest Torte - With a Black Cherry & Kirche Sauce
- Trio Berry Amore - With Raspberries & White Chocolate Pieces
- Trio of Chocolate Truffle - With a Mixed Berry & Rum Compote
Last updated 11:59am on 30 June 2019