Published 13:00 on 7 Jan 2021
In England, a new 'lockdown' came into force on 6 January. In line with the various policies, sources of advice and legal requirements, the Club has had to close. This will be kept under review with the RYA anticipating 1 March as the earliest that the rules might be relaxed. This is all clearly disappointing, but the Committee remain determined that the Club should be fully prepared for the forthcoming season and, within any residual constraints, to offer an exciting programme both on and off the water.
The key points are:
- The Club is required to close and is not permitted to run any activities.
- Members may only access the compound to check their boats where this is absolutely essential. This should be by exception.
- Key members of the Committee may enter to undertake or oversee essential maintenance. Even this should be deferred where possible.
- The Covid-19 threat remains and we all have a legal obligation to stay at home, remain alert and follow social distancing advice and hygiene rules.
- The Club has its own NHS QR Code and this should be used by all members whenever they use the club premises.
- We are planning on a full season starting as usual towards the end of March and the programme and duty roster will be published as normal.
Last updated 12:25 on 6 February 2021